This GD&T course is a comprehensive GD&T course focused on practical application.
- Review the basic concepts and introduce the more complex concepts of the Y14.5 standard
- Provide Participants with the knowledge of proper Datum Feature selection and specification.
- Enable participants to properly interpret and apply each of the Y14.5 controls and rules.
- Enable participants to calculate functional tolerances for position and other tolerances.
- Continue preparing the participants for the ASME GDTP certification exams.
Your drawings have GD&T on them! If you have been through the Fundamentals of GD&T, and you need more knowledge and skill to increase your effectiveness, this course is for you. This program is a continuation of your education in the Y14.5 standard. In this program, we focus on the application and interpretation of GD&T – another step closer to becoming a GD&T expert.
The program begins with a review of GD&T, and then continues with practical team exercises designed to enhance knowledge, build confidence, and nurture a team environment. This class is a minimum lecture, maximum experience and participation format. The subject matter covered is (as a minimum):
- Introduction – Objectives, review Basic GD&T.
- General rules of dimensioning and drafting review.
- Review of the more complex controls – composite position, projected tolerance zone, etc.
- Datum Reference Frames – proper selection and utilization exercises.
- Calculating tolerances for maximum producibility and 100% interchangeability.
- Functional gauge design – “Soft” or “Paper” as well as tooled gauges
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for anyone who is currently familiar and proficient with the concepts and practices of GD&T. Particular emphasis is placed on those who are responsible for specifying, and interpreting, technical documentation. Individuals desiring to become a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam will need this course.
Prerequisites: Fundamentals of GD&T, or equivalent experience.